Wednesday, February 29

Sigh

Yesterday evening wilder asked me to color a picture with him. I said "yes, after I change the laundry." He said, "mom, anytime I ask you to play with me you say you have to do something first." He has a point. I left the wet clothes in the washer and went to color.

This morning on the way to work Wilder asked why I always got angry in the mornings.
He also complained about having to go to school so early in the morning to before care rather than going straight to his classroom.

I'm sorry Wilder. I'm sorry your mom has to work. I'm sorry Gwyneth for losing my temper last night at your broken record requests to cover you up for the hundredth time in bed.

Thank you Lord for new days and for your grace, forgiveness, and unconditional love for me. Give me a little more for my children every day.

4 comments:

Gena said...

I totally get it. Thank goodness for the chance to start over every day and the ability to be honest with our kids. When I have messed up, the first people to forgive me wholeheartedly are my kids. They are surprisingly understanding when I say, "You know what, I really messed up.....and I'm sorry."

Hang in there! May is just around the corner.

Tasha said...

I could have written this post myself. Every.time Miles asks me to play, I rattle off a list of a million things I have to do first, 'but then I can play', I always say. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks for the reminder that we sometimes need to just say yes, and forget the rest. JUST SAY YES AND FORGET THE REST...sounds like a t-shirt or political slogan, no?

In addition, Miles told my friend that I scream in the mornings. Eeek. I realize that I'm not an Early Bird, but yikes, I had no idea that I was screaming. Wake up call. Every once in a while I have to stop myself and try seeing a situation through a child's eyes.

The broken record requests...yes. We have them too, and any parent who could live with those and never lose her temper must be a saint. Seriously.

All of this to say...you're not alone. I'm glad you got it out and found some peace.

Here's to Spring Break!!
Love you.
T.

The Thumb Coast said...

Oh boy I had this conversation tonight with my 4 year old...

Anonymous said...

Children like to spend time with their mom and feel needed. Next time have Wilder help you with your chore so you can paint, color, or play sooner with him. It takes longer but is well worth it in the end. They are learning responsibilities and you are getting things done and enjoying your children more.

Janet