Monday, May 27

Have to start somewhere

What better way to start blogging again than with documenting a birthday milestone? Never mind the lifetime that has passed since my last post. Let's not talk about that right now. Summer vacation is here and we celebrated Adalyn's third birthday which was May 16th. I guess she decided she would go ahead and turn three despite my begging for her to stay two. Once I accepted the inevitable was coming I finally decided to plan her party. Last minute. Probably the most fun I've had with a themed birthday - Rainbow Party!! Rainbows are just cool. Kids love 'em, I love 'em. Maybe it's how the colors blend into each other so magically or the joy of seeing one in the sky. Maybe because they're just so easy to draw. Whatever the reason, the kids loved it. There is something about home parties that I just love. I can remember as a kid how special it was to me when my parties were at home. It's so gratifying for me to do the same for my kiddos. Here are a few pics from the party.

Little helpers! They loved mixing the colors for the rainbow cupcakes.
Little miss. She loved being the center of attention.
Day after cupcakes!
Building her rainbow. Missing a few colors but that's ok!
Aunt Bre's finished rainbow for baby Ellia.
Nobody died from too much food coloring consumption.
Addy with her best friends Halle and not pictured, Eleanor! Addy's birthday sign created by Gwyneth!
Rainbow kabobs! So pretty!
I so enjoyed making this. 

and...I love streamers. :)

Happy Birthday Addy Jane! Love You!


No comments: