Wednesday, December 13

So the blog got a makeover! Thanks to all of you who have been leaving comments on my blog. I love reading them. I check it a lot at work and get excited to see a new comment. It's an easy way to stay in touch!

I have enjoyed being home the last two days today and definitely have enjoyed the warm weather. I took Wilder out in our jeep stroller yesterday and had to air up the tire 4 times! So anyone know how to fix a flat on a stroller?! There is a trail that connects to our street with a small playground at the top of the hill. After passing it a hundred times on our walks I stopped to swing yesterday. Wilder was asleep in the stoller so I obliged! Crazy how relaxing swinging can be! It definitely took the tension out of my body! It felt good to stop and enjoy my surroundings and to take a few minutes to reflect and thank God for the simple things and all of our blessings despite the stress we've had lately. And also to just be reminded that He is present! It has been so hard for me to stay spiritually healthy now that it is such a time challenge to have any kind of personal life! I think it's taking me a little longer than I expected to adjust to motherhood than I thought, I suppose all moms have the ongoing challenge of caring for themselves as well as they care for their little ones! And just think, I only have one!

As for Wilder I think he is over his ear infection and feeling much better, he's been in a great mood this week. I decided we needed a family photo for Wilder's first Christmas so I got us an appoitment at Target this last Saturday - it was terrible! Wilder definitely wouldn't coopertate so all we got was one lousy sheet of one semi-decent photo of the three of us. And a very expenscive one at that, I chose Target becasue they are the most affordable in town. However, Blake lost some cash when he was pulling coupons out of his pocket and I guess someone in the store decided to pick it up instead of return it to him. So yeah, that plus the crazy Christmas crowds at 71st and Memorial made for a not very fun Saturday. Oh well, better luck next time.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season! I'm trying! We drove around a little last night on our way home and looked at some lights!

Love ya!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen to the adjustment to a baby! It was by far the hardest time for me as a woman to overcome. I think swinging is the best feel good moment on a beautiful day, perfect therapy for a tired spirit! Isn't picture time wonderful with a kid? The most unpleasant time of the year seems to be the family photo. I am pulling my hair out and on the verge of a stroke swearing I will not do it ever again, yet each Christmas there we are. It has gotten easier as the boys have gotten older, yeah!

Nice layout, cute!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying this great weather - next week it is supposed to be wet! So happy you get to stay home Tuesdays and Wednesdays and have fun with Wilder. See you Friday night at Janet's birthday dinner.
Love ya, Papa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

It is hard to find time to reflect and be alone with God. I find myself struggling with it weekly. With three kids I have actually found it easier than with just one. The three kids can play together and let me have a little time to myself.

Hope we can find a house in your area too! Let us know if you see any new homes for sale in your neighborhood.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Jonathan lost his money at Target when he was 9 or 10. He was saving up for a "He-Man Castle" and when he had enough we went to Target. He got so excited deciding which one he wanted he laid his wallet down and someone took it. I think I cried more than he did. Blake wasn't crying in the picture was he? What a bummer right here at Christmas.

Janet

Anonymous said...

More pictures, please.

Unknown said...

The art of being perfect mother/wife/spiritual being is quite rare. It seems that when the kids get older you have to reacquaint yourself with not only your husband, but your God as well. Those little ones seem to require so much of you, there's little left over for anyone else. This too shall pass. In the meantime, enjoy your children, love your husband, and pray fervently to your God. He'll help you find the balance.