Sunday, December 3


Wow, I have some catching up to do. It seems like this last week was forever long-or just eventful. On my days off this past week I decided (and had been planning) to go to OKC to visit my friend Jolyn and see baby Kaitlyn. I questioned going just because all the work involved and thought I'd probably just be more tired from going - but i did and it was a good trip. I started getting ready at 8am Tuesday morning to leave at 2 o'clock! it was fun seeing Jolyn and getting to talk to her about motherhood. It is amazing how different kaitlyn and wilder are, wilder is so active, kaitlyn is much more laid back - like her parents according to Jolyn! Anyway, Wilder and I made it home Wednesday morning before any of the weather hit.

Of course Blake had two snow days Thursday and Friday, I was so disappointed that I couldn't stay home with him and Wilder. I ventured out in the jeep both mornings and made it to work with no problems on the snow or ice. I actually was the first one to work Friday morning - I still think I deserve some sort of prize or something! Blake was a little worn out from being home with Wilder both days - Wilder's his new thing is wanting to be mobile all the time, you should see how he loves to stand and bounce on his legs. We can't wait until he can crawl on his own, I think he'll be less frustrated and hopefully less fussy. Blake did manage to get out of the house Thursday when I got home from work to get out in the snow. He loaded up the beagles and headed to the river in the jeep. Of course they all had a blast and aftewards I heard Blakes ongoing request of "can we please move to Colorado?" He absolutely loves mountains and snow. Blake took this photo of our house on Friday morning - isn't it pretty!

Yesterday, as Blake's birthday gift, he and his dad went to Kansas City to watch the sooners play in the Big12 Championship. You can only imagine how excited they were. For two guys that can talk about football for an entire car ride home from Ada to Tulsa (2 hours on Thanksgiving Day) this was a pretty big deal. They made it home about 3'oclock this morning. So, yesterday Wilder and I hung out with my mom and dad. We went to visit Papa in the hospital - which he is doing great and coming home today. Then dad watched Wilder and mom and I went to the mall. I hadn't been shopping in so long so it was super fun to just see stuff! I love Christmas decorations - ornaments, lights, trees, you name it. When we got back to the house we were getting ready to eat dinner and the electricity went out!! -one hour before the game! you can image the frenzy this sent my dad into. (can you blame him?) after getting the generator working and realizing the TV was out because the cable was out too we came to my house so they could watch the game.

Well, have to wrap up quickly, Blake's awake and it's time to get moving towards church.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer was better the older she got. It was like her mind matured faster than her mobility. I remember changing what she did about every 15 minutes! I would let her look at a blanket in her bedroom then move her to the living room and put a picture of a baby in a magazine in front of her then let her swing.....luckily she was a good sleeper so the time she was awake wasn't too bad. Once she was mobile she entertained herself great.

Aunt Janet

jessica said...

They seem to be so frustrated at this age. Once he starts crawling he will be much happier. I know you still have a while but maybe he will be an early crawler.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments, I know it will get easier. I learned yesterday that Wilder has an ear infection which may be why he's been so difficult. Poor little guy, he had a major screaming fit tonight because his ear hurt. (i'm assuming). So hard to see them in pain!

Anonymous said...

I like the little seat that Kaitlyn is in, we should have bought one for Wilder, how cool! The pictures of your house and the dogs in the snow, are awesome. I really enjoyed it while it was coming down, but I'm really glad now that it's going away.

See you soon.