Monday, June 11

Happy June everyone. I say that because June is my favorite month. We have our anniversary, my birthday, and it's the start of summer! Blake and I went to Branson last week (I got a good deal through work) and celebrated our anniversary. We stayed at the Chateau on the Lake-probably the nicest resort in Branson so we felt pretty special. No, we didn't see any shows, just drove through the strip and were amazed at what a wierd little town it is. Wilder stayed with his grandparents and did great.

We've kicked into summer mode meaning I'm at work and Blake's at home. I'm trying to work an extra day this summer while I can before the baby comes. I do hate being at work when Blake and Wilder are at home - keep your fingers crossed for that teaching job, it will be so nice if it all works out (I take my tests on the 23rd). Our goal this summer (in addition to getting another baby's room done, weren't we doing this last summer?!) is getting some work done on our house. Blake has started peeling wallpaper in the kitchen-"bye bye cherries and teapots!"...in addition to trying to keep a very active 10month old entertained!

I'm working on getting a new camera so I can post pics again. More soon.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! Do you remember when I spent the night on your birthday and it was "Friday, the 13th?" Good times;)

You know Brian and I were married in Branson. We felt like the youngest there by 50 years. We saw the Dolly Parton show and it was very good.

Unknown said...

Sorry I didn't get over to talk to you at the VBS cookout tonite. Trying to be hospitable with the visiting kids' parents, ya know. You looked so cute with your little round belly. Somehow I thought the cherries and teapots would've been history by now. Not very Blake&Shellyish.

Anonymous said...

I remembered your birthday but never got a card sent so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! June is a very good month. My favorite is October, tho.

Walt & Saundra said...

Hey Shel!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
It sounds like you guys had fun in Branson! When are you coming to OKC again? I'd love to see you and Wilder (and Blake!)
Love,
Saundra