Sunday, October 21

A quick update, this may be the last time I get to post for a while! I went to the doctor last Wednesday and found out I was already 4cm dialated. The doc predicted sometime early next week, tomorrow or Tuesday that I'd be in labor. So I guess she could come anytime but who knows I could go on like this for whle too. We were glad we had the weekend to get a little more ready for her here at home. Mom and dad came and helped us get her room painted. The doctor is very positive about me trying a vaginal birth so we're going to give it our best try! I'm praying she does come this week so she doesn't have a chance to get any bigger! And I am planning for a natural birth (no meds, or epidural). I feel it will increase my chances of having a successful birth, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers for strength! And pray for Blake too...that he will be able to be the support I need.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Hello? I had to hear this news from your father this weekend! How exciting, it could be a Halloween baby too! I will be praying for a healthy baby & birthing experience! Go Shelly;)

jessica said...

We will be praying for you all. Please let us know if there is anything you need from us. I hated being so far away last year when you had Wilder we couldn't help out any. Now we are in town and want to help in any way you need us.

Unknown said...

A word of advice from someone who had both sons "natural." When you think you HAVE to have something for pain, and they offer an epidural, remember that the worst is already over! You can do it! The benefits are well worth it.

Anonymous said...

Our lunch might have to be after the baby is here and I will have to bring it. I hope you do have it this week since she is still small. It will make it easier. Have you been practicing your breathing and focusing. I couldn't get the focusing part down but I didn't have much help. I will be praying this will be a good experience and you have a healthy baby and a safe delivery.

Shelly Collins said...

Thanks for all your postive thoughts and prayers. We're still waiting...Lita, thanks for the advice, I know you make a good point and I will remember it. If I remember right, wasn't your lack of epidural a sort of accident because Neil accidentally told the nurse you didn't want it! I remember laughing about that when you told the story. Janet, ok on lunch after the baby gets here. And yes I have been working on the focusing, making a list of things to remember and meditate on during the labor, I know so much of it is mental.