Friday, December 19

Ahh, calm

Today feels like the calm after a mini storm. Wilder is on the mend. I was worried last night because he was still coughing. I got in to bed with him and we both eventually fell sound asleep. The coughing magically stopped and he slept through the night. Also, yesterday I was in a wreck on my lunch hour. Not my fault, this kid turned in front of me in the intersection. Pretty hard hit but no injuries and the jeep is still driveable (after the wrecker pulled the bumper out of the wheel). Scary though, this is the second time someone has pulled out in front of me in the past year or so. What's the deal? Blake says it must be my magnetic personality, ha. I'm just glad we don't have any injuries to deal with. The worst part is this kid does NOT have insurance. We could be in for a long battle here.

BUT, today is better. Lynda came to pick up the babies so they could ride to Ada with her and get there a little sooner. (We are going to Ada tonight for Christmas with Blake's grandparents and she has the DVD player in her car). So I have a chance to deal with the tornado that hit my house and get us packed so we can get on the road. I love a quiet house. I'm enjoying peppermint tea and taking in our Christmas trees. (we decided to go ahead and put up the big green one, I'm glad we did) Taking a minute to thank God for taking care of all of us this week.
Ok, I've been tagged by both Jenny and Lita, here goes:

8 TV shows I watch.
1. Lost
2. The Office
3. 30 Rock
4. 30 minute meals
5. Barefoot Contessa
6. Wheel of Fortune
7. The news
8. College football (not willingly, subconsciously while I'm sitting next to Blake on the couch knitting)

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Arby's (curly fries and a frosty, oh man, and the chicken salad sandwhiches yummy)
2. Lanna Thai
3. Bill & Ruth's
4. Elote (healthy mexican food downtown if you haven't tried it)
5. Wherever I can eat good spaghetti.
6. Schlotzsky's (wish we had more of these)
7. Zorba's

8 things that happened today
1. Woke up next to Wilder
2. Made malt-o-meal for both babies, something I know they'll for sure eat.
3. Made coffee for me.
4. Took IB Profeun for a fastly approaching headache.
5. Listened to the Fox and the Hound for the 103rd time.
6. Demanded no more movies and turned on music instead.
7. Danced with Wilder and Gwyn
8. Sat on the couch for a minute with my tea and pet Roy.

8 things I look forward to:
1. My shower today
2. Christmas celebrations with family tonight and next week.
3. Blake's grandmother's cooking this weekend
4. Seeing the kids faces Christmas morning when they see their giganto stuffed animals
5. Conversations with Wilder and Gwyn
6. Teaching next year
7. The future!
8. Bedtime

8 things I wish for:
1. Good health for my family
2. A housekeeper
3. New pillows, towels, sheets. Don't you think a wedding shower at 5 years is a good idea? To replace all the stuff you got 5 years ago?
4. A garden
5. More dedication to reading my Bible and spending time in prayer
6. Blake's heel to stop hurting so he can run again.
7. Me to start running again.
8. For my kids to know and love God.

I tag: Holly, Tasha, Bre, Dayna, Saundra, Kristen, Starr, and Lisa. (that pretty much covers everyone I know that hasn't been tagged and has a blog!)

2 comments:

Starr said...

Okay, I'm phobic about "tagging" people. I think it's my unhealthy fear of rejection. So I'm going to leave my answers here. If your holiday obligation slow down you'll have some entertainment:
8 shows I watch:
1. LOST
2. What not to wear
3. Jon and Kate plus 8 (even though it annoys me)
4. This Old House
5. Life
6. Pushing Daisies
7. House Hunters
8. Jeopardy

8 favorite restaurants: 1.Pei Wei 2.Texas Roadhouse 3.Quiznos 4.Subway, Chick-fil-a, Orlandos, Johnny Carinos 5.Taco Bueno

8 things that happened today: 1.finished Jonathan's christmas present 2.cuddled and watched TV with Dylan 3.ran a low grade fever 4.blew my nose a lot 5.got caught up on blog reading 6.got a new mop 7.loaded the dishwasher 8.ate Kung Pao chicken and rice for lunch

8 things I look forward to: 1.Christmas morning 2.day after Christmas when in-laws arrive 3.taking Ryan to kid's camp this summer 4.seeing Lisa and her new wee one this summer 5.using my new crock pot I got today 6.making a new pecan pie recipe my grandma mailed me 7.looking at Christmas lights tonight 8.my friend Danielle photographing our family soon

8 things I wish for:
1. gratitude from family on Christmas morning 2.our family photos to turn out good 3.to find some resolve and lose some weight 4.to find a new great book to read 5.one good,lifetime friend for each of my kids 6.better pillows and sheets 7.a great pair of black shoes 8.jeans that make a size 10 look like a size 4

Have a great Christmas Shelly!

Dayna said...

Yikes! I'm so behind - love Christmas Break, but I think I only got online to shop and check email twice - I guess I needed the break. I'll have to get with it.