Wednesday, March 11

I love you too Wilder and I still love you Donnie Wahlberg.



Up until about 30 minutes ago the most exciting thing that happened to me this week was the New Kids on the Block Concert Monday Night. One word - HOT!HOT!HOT! (no spaces, it counts) Yes, I had fun. It was UHmazing. Somehow I amazingly felt 12 again and loved every minute of it. Donnie is still my favorite. Two hours of screaming and dancing. I'm still recovering - really, I'm 30 people. (no offense to anyone over 30 reading this...it's all relative) It was probably the most fun you can have on a girls night out. Thank you honey, and I promise, not another word about New Kids. And I have to give the New Kids props - you laugh, but they were GOOD. Apparently they thought Tulsa was pretty cool too. (read a post from Donnie Wahlberg). To read more visit my friend Tasha's blog - she has an excellent gift of putting things into words. Plus, it's worth visiting to see some of her New Kids treasures from the past. Last night I found an old photo at my parents house of me opening a present at my 12th birthday party - a NKOTB nightgown! I had totally forgotten. Yes Tasha, you may have had a Joe doll but I had a nightgown that I probably slept in every night. Maybe I will still post it soon, if anything for the bangs.

Now the best thing that has happened to me this week was hearing my 2 year old tell me spontaneously that he loved me for the first time. I have just recently started to hear him say it in reply to someone else but not on his own. He curled up next to me while I was reading him books tonight and said "I love you" pause "and I love daddy too." Precious. Maybe someone knew that I needed to hear that today. They were with the babysitter today while I was in Owasso and were both very reluctant to see me go. I hated leaving them this morning and even felt a little guilty for spending time at Owasso every week. It is very obvious that these kids are used to having undivided attention! Today they were with about 8 other kids at the babysitter's house. So obviously it was just not possible for them to get the attention they're used to on a daily basis- but much needed social interaction right? When I got home with them this afternoon I could literally not pry Gwyneth away from my body! And Wilder was insistant on my undivided attention as we played blocks for about an hour.

How sweet that Wilder understands what I love you means! And he knows that he loves his momma! And daddy! And sissy! Oh, and Roy!

6 comments:

Gena said...

I think the I love you tops the New Kids for sure. That's a close call, though. I have a friend on my link list that went to the same concert and went backstage. Heather from 'Fowler Five'. You guys are funny.

Tasha said...

I love it all!

Tasha said...

Wow! Wilder is writing letters! I can't even imagine. It is amazing how these things seem to come together over night ;)

I'll be missing you over the weekend, and next week! Maybe Blake could have an evening out one night and we could get the kiddies together? Let me know if you're up for it. Have a great weekend away.

Much love <3
T.

Tasha said...

Well, I didn't want to say so, but yes a tad bit old lady-ish. But that's one of many reasons that I heart you so, Shelly.

Yes, I think the plan is still to go to dinner and maybe cocktails afterward, on Saturday ;) Yea! I hope you and Blake get a night out too!

I'm totally in for the AI watch party ;) And yes, hopefully Holly will nerd it up with us as well. (First NKOTB, now Idol watch parties...what are we 13?).

T.

Tasha said...

Wow, I'm so dominating your comment section...YES!

Walt & Saundra said...

So sweet!!! I miss you guys!