Friday, November 9



Isn't it amazing how one day can change your life completely? When we were driving home from the hospital it was bizarre to think just the day before we were on our way and now we were driving home with a new family member. I specifically remember everything seeming a little prettier that evening, like something had changed. The sunset was pretty, giving everything a special glow. Maybe I was just more observant that evening.

A few photos I wanted to share. This is my doctor, Dr. Larson. I am thankful her and her practice. I appreciate that she goes the extra mile to give women the opportunity to have the type of labors they desire. She is one of the few doctors in the state that chooses to carry the type of insurance allowing her to perform VBAC's. (Vaginal Birth after Csection). I love this photo. There aren't words to describe how awesome this moment was when Gwyneth was finally born. I got to hold her in all this goo! It was amazing.







Gwyneth has been an excellent baby. I am definitely getting more sleep than I did Wilder so far. The hardest thing has been Wilder and I adjusting to there being a new baby. It's been emotional at times but he is doing better and I am learning and realizing what life is going to have to look like in order to take care of both of them.

5 comments:

jessica said...

Glad your experience was so great. I love how you said everything was prettier on your way home. That brought tears to my eyes. There is nothing like the birth of a child.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Shelly she is soo beautiful! I'm so happy for you and your new family!!

Unknown said...

And still time to blog! You're an amazing woman.

Walt & Saundra said...

These are such great photos!! I am so happy for you! It's amazing the blessings God has lavished on us!

Unknown said...

shelly & blake, she is beautiful! love the black hair. congratulations. shelly...im not sure if theres anyone else out there whos gonna listen to my ramblings w/ such calm as u did. didnt really get a chance to say 'bye' but i wanted to tell u it was a pleasure working w/ u. :)