Tuesday, November 27


I've been spoiled the last few days having Blake home, we had a great time during the Thanksgiving holiday. Blake was off starting on Wednesday. We enjoyed the holiday and got some good things done around the house including a new Pergo (laminate) floor in Gwyneth's room and the living room, no more yucky carpet! I took Wilder and Gwyneth with the help of Jud & Lynda (nana and pappy) to the doctor yesterday. I haven't ventured out of the house with both babies yet, just for a walk so far. I was pleased that both are doing well, Wilder was off the charts in his height and 28% in his weight -definitely his daddy's body. And Gwyneth is already 10.5 pounds! The nurse said it was obvious the breastmilk was working out for her. I must say that I am so thankful that breastfeeding is going so well this time...yet another answered prayer and blessing. Today was back to being home with the two. It is getting easier each day...except when I'm really tired. Wilder has been in a better mood this week and has shown some interest in Gwyneth and likes to kiss her now. We spent about an hour in the backyard today. I had Gwyn in my front body carrier and Wilder was content with his usual rock collecting and feeding the neighbors dog sticks through the fence. I managed to make the most of the time and did some excercises...probably looked a little silly but multitasking is a must!

I'm planning on returning to work part time on December 10th, less than two weeks. At this time I am not looking forward to it but it's necessary for us right now. I'm a little worried about how Gwyneth will do, and me too actually. So keep us in your prayers.

The pic below we took at grandmother's house on Thanksgiving. 4 generations of women! (plus Wilder) I think that's pretty amazing.

And Blake is turning 30 on December 5th. If feels so wierd! I keep teasing him about being so much wiser than me now and how I'm reminded of things we did when we were in our 20's! Wow how time flies.

1 comment:

Walt & Saundra said...

What a beautiful family! You look great Shelly! I need to get your multitasking exercises with baby. :)