Sunday, July 27

Life's a Beach


Well summer is winding down as this week is Blake's last week before returning to school. I wish this meant the heat was going with it. We managed to have some summer fun this week and packed up the kids and drove to the "beach" at Skiatook lake. We had a nice time but "oh real beach vacation where are you when I need you?"

I'm so tired right now I'm a bit delirious and am currently inhaling a box of Junior Mints. Yummy. (Yes, the big movie size). The babies have been VERY needy this week. Smothered is a good word to describe how I've felt today. Gwyn won't let me out of her sight and Wilder isn't far behind. I think Gwyn must be teething because her nights have been hard. She also isn't a self-soother yet so once she's awake it's hard to get her back to sleep without laying down with her. I actually like the cuddle time but am just tired of going back and forth between two beds. Of the 1000 things I could think of to do this afternoon I think maybe 3 of them got done because my sweet daughter refused to take a nap [Kaci, your clothes are coming I promise]. However, I'm not complaining, we've had fun playing this weekend. Overall our weekend was good. We spent some fun time with my cousin's family (24/7 mom to the right) Friday night. Saturday we dropped the babies off with grandma and grandpa and ran errands baby free.

One of our errands was a trip to the 51st market by our house. A super flea market! I could have spent so much money on things I absolutely do not need. It was confirmed once again that this is one of my favorite things to do - rummage. I was on the hunt for potential craft projects and found two frames that I can mosaic. I have decided to try to participate in a craft show in October. I think this is a good goal to get me started working. I want to start making and selling artwork again.

2 comments:

Dayna said...

MCA has a bazaar the week after Thanksgiving and the coordinator is always looking for new vendors :)

Tasha said...

I love, love, love these pics! Wilder is too cute with his line-o-buckets! I'm glad you guys got to spend some quality time near the water...Enjoy the remainder of what seems to be a quickly passing summer ;)