Sunday, July 6

Why my dad rulz


My dad recently completed 28 years working for Ford Glass. 28 years people! How many of us from my generation will be able to say that? The Tulsa Ford Glass plant was bought out so dad got his retirement a few years early. I thought it was pretty rude that he only received a few days notice for his final day. The reason for this post is to let him and everyone else know how proud of him I am...and thankful. You, dad, have set an example for all of us for what hard work looks like. You are truly the hardest working person I know. (Anyone who has seen his lawn would have to agree.) I am thankful for everything that was provided for me through your hard work. I hope you feel appreciated and honored for your committment to your job.

When we were young dad worked the night shift a lot. Dennis and I would come home from school and dad would be sleeping. We would try to be quiet but always couldn't wait for him to wake up. I don't know how much sleep he actually got, not much I'm sure. Usually as soon as he got up we would head to softball or baseball practice (he coached little league forever). He had to be tired! Having children of your own definitely makes you realize and appreciate even more how much your parents did (do) for you!

Thanks dad! I love you!
(pics are of dad and Wilder and he and I swimming at the lake)

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I use to think it was so cool that he slept during the DAY and worked at NIGHT?! I remember playing over at your house and trying to be quiet and how funny he looked when he first got out of bed. Somehow he always had a smile on his face.

Also I will not let him forget how he put his Little League team ahead of his poor, scared neice as I had to sit and wait as a TORNADO was coming. Would he stop the game? NO! I'm am not bitter about that little episode at all. Nope, not me;)

Yeah for your Dad! 28 years . . . WOW.

Amy said...

What a great man. I have so many fond memories of spending the night over at your guys house in Tulsa. Uncle Mike always made sure we had a great time.

Anonymous said...

He is a great brother, too. (he doesn't read this does he?! can't let him know I think his great!)

Aunt Janet

Anonymous said...

He is a great son,too, and we always knew he would be a great father. We love him and are so proud of him!
Papa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

He is also a geat son-in-law. We all appreciate how he has provided for his family and always being there for all of us.
Enjoy your retirement - you certainly have earned it.
Your "favorite" Mother-in-law

Tasha said...

What a nice tribute to your dad...sounds like you are very blessed to have him in your life. I like the pic of the two of you in the lake, and wow, I didn't even realize that tiny baby was Wilder!

Hope you're having a good week, I'd love to meet up on one of your days off...

Anonymous said...

Good Job, Mike for your 28 yrs of service to Ford Glass. No more long trips across town anymore, no more forklifts, no more boss, no more time clocks, ENJOY !!!

I also appreciate you very much for providing my Sister with a safe and secure life and being such a great dad to your kids. I still remember the night when you two met playing foosball, with your long shaggy hair and smooth moves on my Sister, those were the good ole days. Love ya,

Tasha said...

Haha, thanks for the nice comment!

You said Wilder didn't get into the fireworks so much this year...what did you guys do for the holiday?? I was really surprised Miles liked them so much, but I'm sure next year will be a different story ;)

My e-mail has not changed, still TASHALCROWE@hotmail.com. What did you try sending me, I'm curious??

Hope you're having a nice week so far, and I'm sorry I missed you Wednesday...we ended up not going on account of the rainy day!

Talk to you soon!

Walt & Saundra said...

I'm catching up on your blog...I love all these sweet posts!