Wednesday, June 25

Full Day

Today I took both Wilder and Gwyn to a work related lunch at Full Moon Cafe. My friend who once worked at Urban Tulsa was visiting from Arizona. I don't usually like to take both babies by myself but I was feeling energetic. Wilder made it about 10 minutes before he was ready to go or at least get out of his chair but still, a successfull and enjoyable time. Afterwards we went to the park with Tasha and Miles (her 1 year old). Tasha and I attempted to have as much conversation as possible between "get those rocks out of your mouth" and "don't throw rocks." When it was time to go Gwyn was tired and hungry so I nursed her in the car before we headed home. I drove away and left her stroller right there on the curb! I realized it about two hours later. Luckily, Blake's mom was at the house so I was able to jump in the car and go after it. As I pulled up to the park someone was getting ready to put it in their trunk! I yelled "that's my stroller!" I made it in the nick of time. So, to all you newer mothers - no, mom brain does NOT go away, sorry.

Two things that make a mom's day:
1. Wilder peed in the potty.
Tonight I asked Wilder if he had poo poo in his diaper and shook his head yes, grabbed a changing mat from Gwyn's room, carried it to his, climbed up on top of his changing table, handed me a wipe, and said "help." I think this probably means he's ready. I guess I had mentioned it a while ago on the blog but soon gave up after I realized he wasn't ready. Anyway, after I, I mean "we," cleaned him up he was acting like he needed to go so we walked into the potty, sat down, and he did some business. I don't know if it was on purpose or not but I made a big deal anyway. Maybe too much info here but I'd like to hear strategies and tips if anyone has them.
2.A big slobbery kiss from my 8 month old daughter.
Tonight after I nursed Gwyn I had to change her diaper so she was awake. (usually she falls asleep and I put her in bed). I was holding her and rocking her trying to get her to go back to sleep and she lifted her head up off my shoulder and stared me in the face. Then she leaned forward and gave me a big, long kiss on the mouth. It was precious. I'm always kissing her but this was so intentional and sweet. She loves her momma!

4 comments:

jessica said...

I think that's a great way to get him interested in potty training. That's what I would do is just watch them until they got that look on their face and rush them to the potty. After a few times they really start to get it. Good Luck sounds like you are starting out well.

Tasha said...

I LOVE the stroller story! It is so typical of everyday life when you're a mom...or for me anyway. I wish you would have called, we live less than 5 minutes from that park, I would have gone back to check for you. Either way, I'm glad you got it before they drove away with it ;)

Bauer family said...

Shelly I've started my blog, but I need help. I can't figure out how to format it. I love that pic of Gwen in the hat!

Unknown said...

Tip on potty training....patience! I, too, love the big, intentional, slobbery kisses. It's a feeling you'll NEVER forget, even with "mommy brain."