Monday, June 9

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

was the theme for our weekend. Blake and I had some time together on Saturday for our anniversary. I don't feel like we're done celebrating yet though. I claim June as my favorite month of the year...I celebrate our anniversary and my birthday all month long! (anyone else have a birthday month?). Anyway, Blake's parents kept the babies for the afternoon so we went to lunch at Los Cabos at the Riverwalk. I wanted to sit outside and imagine we were somewhere else. It was nice. I was in a picture taking mood. Blake kept making fun of me because we were acting like tourists in our home town. Well after lunch we went to the bookstore and got some coffee and hung out for a little bit. We're hoping to take a weekend trip before school starts. We've been wanting to go to IKEA in Dallas for a LONG time. Perhaps to buy a new couch and other fun little things. We've been saving our extra change for about 3 years now. We decided we would cash it in every 5 years for vacation or fun money. I'm exctied to see how much we have, we're cashing it in this week.

And sweet brother is now a married man. I left my camera at my parents house for the rehearsal dinner so didn't have it on Sunday. I stole a couple of the disposable cameras that were supposed to be left on the tables (sorry Amanda, I'll make doubles) to at least have something - so pics coming. Amy (Lemasters blog) took some great ones: http://www.thenewlywedlemasters.blogspot.com/ I felt kinda sad that I have been too busy with my own life to really be more involved with the wedding. I felt like I just kinda put on a dress and showed up, it all came too fast. It wasn't until half way through the reception that the reality of what was happening sunk in. I had a nice dance with my brother. He has really grown up in the last year and I'm proud of him. And it was just cool to have all of our family together, I think all the time what an awesome family I have. It was just a good party, everyone had fun, including my husband. Oh yes, he did show his stuff in a dance off. When they called his name along with my brother Terry and some other of Dennis's groomsmen I wasnt sure if he'd go for it. It took him a little while to get the nerve but he totally let loose. Yes, tears of laughter, good times. I hope I got a picture, did anyone else?

I have lots more to write about but sleepiness is taking over. Looking forward to two days at home with Blake and the babies.
More soon.

Goodnight!

6 comments:

jessica said...

Jonathan and I both have birthday months. It's the best!

We had a great time at the wedding too. Jennah said it was the best wedding she has ever been to (and we have attended MANY weddings).

the soon to be skinny girl said...

Hey Shel, I kept thinking on Sat. (June 7th) that it was your b-day but I was afraid I was way off. Was it the 7th? Anyway, Happy B-day all month long!! I'm so glad you and Blake had some time together and I wish H & I could have seen the dance off at the wedding!

Jenny said...

The dance off was my favorite part of the wedding. One of the best performances and I had the tears flowing from laughing so hard. If only we had it on VIDEO! We could then put the Vanilla Ice thing behind us and Blake would be in the hot seat;) Birthday MONTHS are a must. I still remember your Bday parties and thought it was so cool one year when it was Friday, the 13th! Good times.

Walt & Saundra said...

Happy Birthday month! I'm glad you had some R&R with your sweet hubby. Does he still write you notes and leave them for you on your car? He should. :)
Hannah pics and house pics for you on the blog! :)

Tasha said...

What a fun weekend! When is your birthday? I'm glad you all got some couple-time for your anniversary!

The White Family Circus said...

Hi shelly ann:

so how do we find other people's blogs? I'm confused on this whole thing. I'm glad you and blake had a good anniversary weekend. it sounds like it was a blast!