Thursday, June 19

• Wilder, sweet Wilder. Your 2nd birthday is quickly approaching. Seems like you are growing at rapid speed right now. I love tucking you in your big boy bed, I could cuddle with you for hours! You are saying several more words, a few of my favorites:
peas (please)
tank ew (thank you)
da da (quack quack)
a-me (amen)
Ro (Roy)
Nanny (Nana)
Mummee! (Mommy)

• Weekend Away. Gwyn and I are driving to OKC on Saturday morning to see my friend Jolyn. I'm looking forward to it but I also know it will be strange not being home Saturday night with my boys.

• Job Update. Well it looks like the Riverfield job is not working out. The teacher that was supposed to be resigning is still making up his mind as to what he wants to do. The principal said it might be July before they figure out what they're doing and she might just give art to another teacher and split it with another subject. I'm a little disapointed but I'm OK. I haven't given up on teaching for the fall but waiting one more year may not be such a bad thing. I like my part time schedule right now. Right now while the babies are still so young. If I wait I can take some of the required classes that I need to take this fall and possibly apply for the Owasso job that we know is opening up next year. My current job isn't the most fulfilling, but it's comfortable. My babies are what is fulfilling to me right now.

• Big girl. We moved Gwyn's crib from our room to hers. It is working out nicely so far. She is sleeping 3 hours longer in the morning! Yay!

3 comments:

hwall said...

I'm sorry about the Riverfield job not working out. God definitely has a plan for you. maybe right now his plan is for you to be my moral support at UTW!! :)

Happy Birthday to Mister Wilder. What is the date? Are you having a big party to celebrate?

Walt & Saundra said...

Story hour was sort of weird. Jenny went with me and we had to refrain from rolling our eyes at the silly story teller. The kids liked her though. She mistook Hannah for a boy since she was wearing blue shorts, and commented on how much she "drools" right when she spit up all over me. Entertaining for Hannah anyway!

Tasha said...

Great job, Wilder, for all of the new words, and way to go, Gwyn, for moving on out to your big girl room. Wow, Shelly...you're on a roll! It sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned. I hope you all have a safe trip, and enjoy the time away with your little girl!