Saturday, October 25

Happy First Birthday Gwynnie Bear

Today was your first birthday Gwyneth Ann. I am sad that you are not a little baby anymore but you will always be "baby girl" to me. I'm sorry you don't feel good on your birthday. You're teething and have a terrible fever. Sweet baby, it's just not fair. I've sung Happy Birthday enough times to you today, holding you, trying to get you to rest, that hopefully you understood just for a minute that there was something special about today.

Today, I've enjoyed thinking about the day you were born. About what a miracle and gift your birth was. Thank you for cooperating for your mommma!

You are delicously sweet in every way! I love your curly hair, your soft skin and your precious kisses you love to give. You are much more affectionate than your brother. Thank you for being content just being held, your brother never sat still long enough. Although sweet, we are beginning to see a little firey side in you, where did you get that temper?

Sometimes I am still in awe that I am blessed with such a beautiful baby girl. Do I really have two babies? When did that happen? I am looking forward to doing all the things a mom and daughter should do together. Oh the fun we will have!

Sweet dreams baby girl, momma loves you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What, no picture? I guess she wasn't in the mood...but still...I love seeing pictures of her! My nephew, whose kids are the same age as yours (first one born in Aug., 2nd in Nov.) is now expecting his third--due in April. What d'ya think?

Tasha said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Gwyn! How is she feeling? Did she/you enjoy her party?

I'm sorry we missed her it! I was really looking forward to it...but things just didn't align for us to get there in time. I forgot to mention, on the phone, that my friend, Jessamy, was in town from Norman. She stayed with us Saturday night, and she was still here when I left Sunday morning to pick Miles up. I wasn't sure if she'd still be here when I got home, but she was. So, I spent some time with her before she had to leave.

I was looking forward to spending time with you, and for Miles to get some play time in with W & G. It was a beautiful day! I hope everything went well, and I hope little missy is feeling better.

Plans this week?

T.

P.S. Birthday pictures soon? ;)

Tasha said...

Ooops, I meant to say it, not her it...lol.