Saturday, November 22

Some things will never change. (so get over it)

1. There will always be a sticky surface in my house. It is impossible to have complete cleanliness. Toys, bathtubs, floors, sinks, countertops,...why can't you all be clean at the same time, EVER?

2. That said, NOTHING will EVER be perfect.

3. Toddlers just don't like vegetables.

4. I will never accomplish half of what I set out or desire to do.

5. There will always be something that I want that I don't or can't have.

6. I will never have the hair that I had before I started having babies. Blond? Curly? Who was that girl? (I miss you)

BUT...I am incredibly happy and content. I love my family, my husband, my friends. I am blessed beyond measure. I love my house. (because it's mine, not because it's an 80's contemporary, Lord bless it). I love all the simple pleasures that always find a way to slip into my day.

3 comments:

hwall said...

Thanks for the reminder! I need to blow up number two and put it in a frame. Maybe one in every room of my house and one at the office. :)

Tasha said...

Great reminders to enjoy life (just the way it is)! I struggle with this, too, and it's nice to have these moments of clarity.

P.S. What is it about the hair? I've been moaning about mine for months now, placing blame on the new hair-lady, but I looked at some pre-Miles pictures the other day, and wow, my hair looked really great. I don't think it had a lot to do with the cuts/color, it just looked different...better. :(

Anonymous said...

your hair can't be as curly as it once was? why? hormones? i dont understand...