Saturday, August 15

A good way to finish the summer

We celebrated Wilder's 3rd birthday today. I'm so proud of my boy. It was nice to take some time to pause right before school starts to celebrate him. I even spent some time with him in the dirt in the backyard today playing with his new mini bulldozers, dumptrucks, and backhoe loaders. Pretty relaxing, I must say. I might have enjoyed it more than he did. I'm not sure what he thought about his cake. Don't you love his confused expression. What the heck mom, really? And even though we forgot to sing him Happy Birthday before he blew his candles out we made sure to sing it later. Happy Birthday Wilder!

I think he felt pretty good about his new scooter. (Thank you grandma and grandpa). He's watched the older kids ride theirs in our neighborhood with much intrique. Today, he said "I have a scooter like every body else?" This is MY scooter? Yes, baby, it's all yours.
That is until your sister gets a hold of it. (Do they make a pink radio flyer?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun birthday party, and Wilder (and Gwyneth, too!) were having a good time!
Grandma and Papa