Sunday, August 30

An explanation

Thought it might be a good idea to elaborate on the whole "art is sexy" thing! The first day of class we had some extra time so we started a discussion on why "art/creativity are good things." After most obvious answers were stated, I was digging so I made the point about creativity being an attractive trait. In response, a girl said so you're saying "art is sexy?" Um, let me clarify...Yeah, pretty akward, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Typical new teacher, trying to apply everything she's learned on the first day. During orientation the guest speaker made the point about making curriculum apply to the students interests. For example, no boy likes a girl who has bad grammar, right? So that was sort of my direction. Geez!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Ok, so you didn't come right out with this?...

"Hello, class. My name is Mrs. Collins, and art is sexy."

Good to know, good to know.

Ha!
T.