Thursday, October 8

Rain, Rain

It's 8:09 on a school night and I am doing absolutely nothing. It's raining outside, I have my window open here by the computer so I can listen to the sound of the rain in the woods behind our house. It's chilly enough with the window open that I had to get my favorite grandma sweater (no offense grandmother's) out of my closet for the first time this fall. Get used to it people, you're going to be seeing alot of me in this sweater.

Tonight was the second evening of parent teacher conferences. Blake had them too, so I'm waiting for him to get home. Being so close to bedtime Wilder and Gwyn stayed with Jud and Lynda tonight, less driving, and they will get to sleep in in the morning.

Dirty dishes in the sink, PILES of laundry, clothes to be ironed, yeah, yeah, it's not going anywhere right? My brain just needs to not be on a task right now.

School is hard but I'm not giving up easily. Meeting parents makes it better. Gives me hope. It will just keep getting easier. I yelled at my 6th hour theater class to shut up yesterday, loudly. Got their attention. I surprised myself. Sent my first kid out in the hall because HE WOULD NOT STOP TALKING WHEN I WAS TALKING. However, I officially now have my first favorite student. Can't he just stay in 9th grade for a few years? Maybe I'll bribe all his teachers to flunk him.

Meanwhile our daughter is making a GRAND entrance into her terrible two's. I have never seen such stubborness. She would rather take the punishment than give in and say sorry, or do without rather than saying please. Wilder is so much more tender hearted. She hurts his feelings sometimes. He occasionally makes her cry too...healthy sibling relationship so far. Wilder is currently loving his train track, thomas the train, cars, yogurt (NOT STIRRED), anything he can do "by himself", making up words, it's like he speaks in tongues sometimes, singing, games, talking on the phone. I suppose it's worth mentioning that he is currently NOT LOVING POOPING OR PEEING IN THE POTTY. Gwyn currently likes books, SHOES (not just her own, she wore Wilder's out of the house this week), giving dirty looks, elmoabby (one word), & tinkerbell.

Now I'm going to stay up long enough for the one person on televisioin worthy of staying up for: Michael Scott. With Blake on the couch. Nice.

Sweet dreams blogosphere! I've missed you.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

I've missed your blogs, Mam. Glad to hear the Grandma sweater has made its Fall Appearance. What about all that rain?! Miles and I have not left the house since Wednesday evening (and it's Friday evening now!).

I'm excited to chat with you.

Love, T.

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I love to hear your perspective on life. And yeah....Michael Scott....gotta love him.

Tasha said...

Oh, and P.S., (following several episodes which left me wondering, 'Is The Office losing its charm?'), I thought Thursday night's episode was HILARIOUS. I laughed out loud. Many times. Loved it.

Anonymous said...

Stubborness runs in our family. Sorry.....I know mom was surprised when I would get stubborn because normally I was easy going but once I made up my mind there was no changing it.

Aunt Janet