Saturday, October 17

Embracing Fall

Fall IS sort of wonderful isn't it? I had my first visit to a pumpkin patch today. (mom,dad?) So fun!! I took the kids and we had the best time. We went to Pleasant Valley Farms, west of Discovery Land. It is a real farm (they have Christmas Trees too) with all the country charms. I loved the little store inside the barn, it had an open fire and hot chocolate and cider. The kids had a great time too. There was a petting zoo with baby goats - very cute. I wish I could play the video I have of Gwyn chasing them around the pumpkin patch...still not sure if they were supposed to be outside of their cage. We even took a hay ride!

It was quite a thrill for Wilder to be in control of our wagon. I had to secretly keep putting pumpkins back. He didn't understand why we couldn't ake them all home.Notice the tape on the glasses. Nice.You have no idea how many shots it took me to get this.After a while we had a rest with some cider, Gwyn decided to kick it farmer style.Because they're just so pretty.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Great pictures! Sorry we missed you guys. M & W would have had a ball running around out there! Glad you guys enjoyed a family fall day.

Aunt Sheila said...

Shelly,
Can you make copies? I would love to have one of Gwyn with that big smile sitting on the pumpkins, and one of Wilder with the pumpkin and his big smile...great pictures! Looks like you had a fun time.

Aunt Sheila

Dayna said...

Not far from my parent's house!

Shelly Collins said...

Sure, pics coming right up!

Gena said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful eyes. Beautiful pumpkins. Hope teaching is going ok. Hang in there! I know it's tough sometimes.

Kaci said...

Fall is wonderful!!! Looks like you all had fun. They are getting so big!! We need to get our kids together soon.