Friday, February 2

It's Friday evening and I'm happy to finally be home. I had a busy two days at work and left today with work still to do! Don't you hate that?

Blake has had a busy week as well. The word got out at church that Blake is an art teacher and guess who was volunteered into doing decoratins for VBS this Saturday? You guessed it. Mannford is having a one-day winter VBS, the theme is Survivor. So the auditorium is complete with a waterfall with actuall running water and a smoking volcano! In addition to helping to construct those Blake made huge cut-paper murals of a jungle scene and an ocean scene. He probably spent about 25 hours this week getting it all done...all for a 5 hour VBS! Crazy! I'm proud of him for using his talents and I know that his work will be a blessing.

Anyway, I wanted to give everyone an update on Wilder. I took him to the eye doc on Tuesday and he does have Strabismus - the type in which the eye muscles pull inward. He is going to wear eye patches for three weeks then go back to the doctor to see if there is any improvement. The doc didn't sound too optimistic that the patches would correct his vision (straighten his eyes) and said more than likely he would have to have the surgery. I was discouraged because everyone I've talked to told success stories of babies that wore the patches, did eye exercises and they were fine. Maybe his eyes are worse, I don't know. Please pray that God will correct his vision with the patches and that he doesn't have to have surgery. Even though the surgery is an easy procedure it still makes me a little uneasy.

Looking forward to the weekend. I'll post some new pics of Wilder soon and some of the decorations at church.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lot's of prayers your way for Wilder and his recovery with his eyes. I'm with you, let's pray he doesn't have to have surgery. Look forward to seeing new pictures.

Anonymous said...

We are praying that Wilder's patches will work. We would have loved to see Blake's art work (he's so talented)! Looking forward to seeing the pictures of it, and also more pics of Wiler.
Love you, Papa and Grandma

Amy said...

I'll will be praying that the patches work!

jessica said...

You all are in our prayers. We have been through four minor surgeries with Jennah (two sets of ear tubes, one set of eye tubes, and two hernia repairs), and no matter how minor the surgeries are they are big when it's your baby.

Can't wait to see pictures of all Blake's hard work. We do VBS here and we also have an art teacher that helps. Hopefully we can get some ideas from you guys.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. No surgery. He's too little. I will pray the patches will work. We want you and Blake back in Sand Springs with all your talent! (of course we would take you back even if you didn't have talent!) I'm so impressed with Blake's VBS decorations!

Great Aunt Janet