Sunday, February 18

Well Blake and I didn't exactly spend our Saturday as we would have planned. We both got food poisoning Friday night. We have narrowed it down to the ground turkey he bought from WalMart on Friday. Mine started at 3am Saturday morning with four rounds of vomiting. The last round I passed out I guess from dehydration...so we decided I should probably go to the hospital. I got an IV and was feeling better at the hospital then it hit Blake. Poor guy had to wait 3 hours in the waiting room for me while he was sick himself. We made it home about 4pm Saturday and both went straight to bed and pretty much slept through till 7am this morning. Luckily mom and dad were available to take care of Wilder. He had his first sleep over away from home. He did great! We are so lucky to have family here. I can't imagine both of us being sick and not having anyone to help out. Thank you mom and dad. We are feeling pretty good today just tired.




I meant to post this earlier. On Valentine's Day I went to my aunt Sheila's wedding! Here is a pic of the happy couple, Mr and Mrs. JR Dilliard. It was really sweet, from what I know thus far JR he seems to be a great man and I know their marriage will be blessed. After the wedding I rushed home to make my heart-shaped cake. (for some reason I was determined to try it this year) in efforts to make Valentine's sweet for us. I thought it turned out OK. Blake did some artwork for me for VDay - I was so excited. It's been a while since he's drawn anything for me. It's an illustration of me all wrapped up in different color ribbons that represent the sun, the sky, and the sea...three of my favorite things. (I guess maybe I've been whining about Winter too much lately so I guess he figured this would help me imagine another place!) You just have to see it!

We've got a busy week ahead. I take Wilder back to the eye doctor on Tuesday morning then to his regular doc on Wednesday for his 6months - can you believe he's 6 mos - appointment which means shots, yuck.

And today is my mom's birthday too. Happy Birthday mom. She received a wonderful serenade from everyone - our entire family and all the other happy customers at Mazzio's for lunch today. I do think she was a little embarrassed...and mad too!

Take Care everyone.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yuck Shelly! Being sick is no fun and a trip to the hospital is scary. I am glad to hear all is getting better.

Nice heart shaped cake. I didn't know you were such a creative baker;)

Hope to hear good news at Wilder's 6 month check up!

Anonymous said...

I love your heart shaped cake, I bet Blake was impressed by your talent. I was sorry to hear about you guys being sick, when we got back from our trip. We had a great time but the weather didn't cooperate very well.

Hope to see you soon.