Wednesday, March 12

Yes, this is an early morning post! Last night we had a miserable night with Wilder. He cried a lot so we kept getting up with him. We thought maybe his stomach was hurting or maybe he was getting a new tooth. So it's 6:30 and I wake up to him crying, Blake is trying to get ready for work so I get up to be with him. As soon as I set his feet on the floor, he stops. Was all this a big fake? It's 6:30, I don't have to go to work today and Gwyneth is still asleep - I could be too!! He immediately walks to his bookshelf and starts bringing books over to read which is his favorite thing to do right now (he points at everything and says "Da"). He's happy as a lark. Ok, I guess you're fine...so the day begins...early.

I'm feeling better today and yesterday. Sorry to be so negative. My attitude is better. I know that as difficult as some things are right now our life is equally as sweet because of these two babies. It always helps to count your blessings. Today I'm thankful for:
1. My coffee pot and the coffe that comes out of it.
2. The fact that it's going to be almost 80 degrees and we can be outside.
3. My family. I am well loved.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Hey, I am sorry you didn't get to sleep in today. Glad your feeling better.

Jon and I have definatly been there on the money situation. It is crazy how it can affect absolutely everything including your attitude, prayer life, parenting, and even your marriage.

I will be praying for you and Blake today. I will pray God gives you guys energy and strength.

The White Family Circus said...

hi shelly ann! I wanted to let you know that I made a blogspot for luke and I. It's LukeandBreWhite.blogspot.com. I know pretty simple and not creative but it works. Anyways, I also wanted to let you know that I think you and Blake are doing great. I know it may seem like the world has turned upside down on you and nothing seems to come together but it has. You have two beautiful children and in-laws that absolutely adore you. I know the money issue is annoying and doesn't make things easy. I would take the burden away if I knew how. God has a way of making everything work even if we don't see the big picture. Something will come along, have faith and know that you really DO have a FAMILY that LOVES you!

Walt & Saundra said...

Hey Shel,
Thank you so much for your honesty! I'm just now catching up on blogging reading. I'm sorry you've had a tough week/month/year. I know the feelings...especially the money stress! (Ahhhh, remember the days of $550 rent split three ways? I don't miss sleeping in the dining room though!! :)
Please call anytime you want to talk. I'm going to be praying for you today. Sometimes it's easier to pray on behalf of someone else than for yourself.
Love you Shel!
Saun