Wednesday, August 6

Because lists are fun

Some fun things that Gwyn and Wilder are doing right now:

-Wilder is repeating everything I say including things like "oh my"...frequently heard while changing his dirty diapers.
-Gwyn is moving her feet and starting to get brave and let go of things!
-Wilder says no to any question you ask him.
-Gwyn is constantly jabbering and half of what she says she says with her mouth closed. Interesting.
-Wilder walked Roy all the way home from the park today.
-Gwyn's favorite food are strawberries.
-Wilder still prefers juice over milk.
-Gwyn has started doing a fluttering hand wave when she sees someone enter the room.
-Wilder proved today that a cardboard box is really all a kid needs for endless fun.
-Gywn isn't interested in any toy until Wilder is playing with it. She gets firey mad when something is taken away from her.
-Wilder's world is quickly being categorized in to big and little...big this and little that.

3 comments:

hwall said...

I was justing thinking, "what an exciting time for these two babies!" but I really thing any time is an exciting time for kids. It's good to do things like this and write down little milestones so that you realize, as their happening, how important they are. I'm so afraid I'm going to forget the first time Isaac smiled or waved or something like that, so I keep writing things down. Who knows, maybe later it won't seem so important to remember all of these moments, but it's nice to have them now.

Tasha said...

What a fun list! It's fun to read about what all they are doing now. It seems like ages since I babysat Gwyn...she's probably totally different now with all of her new tricks!

Yea, you should get the book, or you can borrow it from me when I'm finished, but it's one of those that I'm going back and forth between chapters on, so I don't really know when I'll be 'finished'. It's great for inspiring to be creativity amongst parents and offers great ideas for fostering children's creativity. I keep thinking of you, as I'm reading it...I think you would really like it. She is also very simple and has great ideas for maintaining messes, storage issues, etc.

Dayna said...

Newspaper and cardboard boxes are all you need to keep a child entertained. Look for a children's book titled "Christina Katerina & The Box". This was one of my favorites when I was little.