Saturday, August 9

Today has been super. It started with everyone getting a much needed good night of sleep last night. Gwyn did much better, I don't know if it was out of sheer exhaustion or some new things I tried. Blake's parents took Gwyn and Wilder to an out of town family reunion so we had the whole day to ourselves. I cleaned, worked a little on my mosaic, talked to an old friend, and played with my plants - bought a new one and repotted some old ones. I had intentions of staying home all day and doing things around the house but Blake insisted on taking me on a date...um, ok! I've been complaining about wanting Asian food, particularly curry so we went to Pei Wei then to the movies. We saw Batman, it was so good! We even went for a walk this evening and enjoyed the cool air. We enjoyed our time but I'm glad the babies are home safe in their beds!

I've been tagged by my friend Tasha (mommy notes) so here goes:

10 things you may not known about me:

1. I almost joined the Peace Corps after college. I was convinced I wanted to go to Africa. I did all the steps up to the interview. I drove to Dallas to the PC headquarters, had the interview and watched videos of volunteers onsite and realized it wasn't for me. I cried a lot during that drive home.
2. On the night Blake proposed I got really sick from the food we ate at the restaurant. He ended up proposing about 3 hours later than he had planned at a completely different location. The whole story is better.
3. I was a surfer in another life. Ok, not really but I did watch Blue Crush more times than I'd like to admit and I did try surfing in Florida.
4. I've played softball, been a member of the high school dance team, once had a green belt in Taekwondo, ran cross country and track, and ran a marathon.
5. I unofficially collect fridge magnets, aprons, dishes, and vintage jewelry. These are a few of my favorite things!
6. I guess I went through a somewhat wild streak after college. Did the whole club/party scene. It was short lived. I smoked for about a year.
7. We named Wilder after Blake's grandfather. If Gwyn was a boy we were going to name her Owen. We changed the O to a G and got Gwyn. I said "ok, we can name here Gwyn if her name is Gwyneth.
8. I went to Europe for two weeks after high school with my French teacher and classmates.
9. I've been baptized twice.
10. My dresser drawers and closet are extremely unorganized. There is no order whatsoever.

How random!

3 comments:

jessica said...

So glad you and Blake got to spend the day together. That is so important. I think raising kids, working, all our other commitments seem to be much easier to handle when you can communicate and spend one on one time with your spouse.

Tasha said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome Saturday, yea!

Your list is very interesting and funny! I sort of had you pegged as a hippie-chick sort of girl, but NO you are definitely a surfer-chick. I never saw that movie (Josh wouldn't let me...lol), but I can totally see you catchin' some waves! And wow...the Peace Corps!! How interesting. I'd like to hear the story behind why you declined. I had a dream of going to Africa also. I was planning to go with a group led by the chair of the psych department, at NSU. I had my financial aid and everything, then Kenya was listed as one of the top 'places American's shouldn't visit right now', so she canceled the trip. Maybe one day when we're old, retired, and our babies have moved on, we can join and go to Africa...lol.

I could just go on an on...I had no idea that you were Sporty Spice! I would assume that you would have been a non-athletic gal, like myself. Hum, funny how we decide things that we really know nothing about ;)

I enjoyed reading this, thanks for doing it! Glad you guys had a great weekend, hope to see you soon!

Dayna said...

I laughed at #s 2-6 and 10. We have become magnet collectors and our white fridge is starting to look like a magnet display in a tourist trap.

Oh, softball. The one activity my parents let me participate in and I completely stink. The one thing I wanted to do and enjoyed (dance), I didn't get to do until college. Scholarships.

I can't believe you smoked! I'm still reeling from the shock! Oh, the post - college party years. I think everyone should do the party, club, drink thing before becoming a bona fide adult.

Blue Crush isn't so bad - compared to the countless times my cousin and I watched Point Break. I so wanted to try surfing in CA. There's a surf shop called Killer Dana. I'll go back there some day!

And the proposal! I would love to hear more about that. Intestinal distress is all I will say.