Wednesday, September 3

Meet Rib


Up until about a week ago Wilder never really showed too much interest in his many stuffed animals. For some reason, he has selected his green frog as his new buddy. I must admit, it's pretty cute. We've named him ribbit which has been shortened to Rib. Rib now eats with Wilder, sits on the little potty while Wilder sits on the big one, helps Wilder with chores, let's Wilder bury him in blankets then jump on him, rides toys, etc. Rarely have I seen him recently without Rib tucked under his arm. Yesterday when we were leaving Wilder was talking in the backseat and I realized he was asking for Rib. "Sorry honey, Ribs at home." It broke his little heart, luckily the crying didn't last long and he got over it quickly. I hope it doesn't get to the point that we need some extra Ribs around. I do know that Rib desperately needs a bath. Wilder got a haircut tonight - doesn't he look big!

In Gwyneth's world she is standing on her own quite a bit. I'm excited for her to walk soon. She's getting silly! She loves to throw herself around on the bed and bury her head into Wilder's stuffed animals. She has the cutest little grin (picture coming) where she wrinkles her nose and shows off her two partial front teeth. And she loves her momma.

5 comments:

Tasha said...

Welcome to the Collins Family, Rib!

Dayna said...

Start searching ebay now for back up Ribs! My niece has a bear that we bought her at birth. When she left Speedie I in OKC, my sister was in a panic - Nora was lost without her Speedie. At 4, she is now on her 4th (and hopefully final) Speedie. I don't know if there are any more out there!

Tasha said...

Thanks for the sweet comment!

hwall said...

Look at how grown up Wilder is! He isn't a baby anymore, and he doesn't even look like a toddler. He is a handsome, sweet little boy. I keep comparing this photo of him to the one I have stuck to the side of my computer. My, my. How quickly they grow! You guys are doing a wonderful job. So glad that Wilder has a new best friend.

Walt & Saundra said...

I'd definitely check Amazon for more Ribs. :) I've been trying to encourage a lovey for Hannah to help with the sleep thing, but she just prefers her favorite...moi. :)