Wednesday, January 28

Thank You Mother Nature

You've heard it said before, yes, I agree that Mother Nature has a way of giving us a rest from our busy lives every once in a while. Blake and I were thrilled that his two snow days from school coincided with my days off this week. Actually our mini break started Monday night when the weather was too bad for Blake to pick up the kiddos from his parents after work. We played it safe and let them spend the night rather than getting them out on the icy roads. So, Blake and I had a quiet evening.

Some things that have come of the winter weather:
1. I was able to finish a piece of artwork. (pic comig)
2. A full night of sleep - no interuptions
3. A clean house (we're talkin' much cleaner than usual people)
4. Lots of groceries bought.
5. We took Wilder to pick out his glasses! He looked so cute, now if only he'll wear them.
6. And now, we're gearing up to take Wilder to his first movie!

Yes, snow days are just as much fun as when we were kids. Although, I agreed with Blake that I would really like to get bundled up and go sledding today...probably not the best idea since both kids are getting over colds.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Art, a clean house, new glasses, alone time, snow days...OH MY!

I am SO jealous of you right now. Glad you enjoyed it ;)

Maybe a lunch Friday, NEXT week?

T.

hwall said...

That sounds like a pretty perfect evening, if you ask me. Where do you want to have lunch tomorrow?

Dayna said...

Wow - your break was a little more productive than mine! I just managed to clean house and shovel the driveway. Woo.

So I'm not sure what's going on with the postings. I was able to post one and then delete, but it looks different - hmm. Anyway.