Tuesday, February 24

Of all things...

Finally, both kids are contained in the bathroom for their baths. The tub is full of fresh bath water. The instant I put Gwyn in the tub she pees in the water. (after offering the potty of course) Not much, just a dab. So do you take the time to drain the bathtub and refill it or just bathe them in the pee water? Just curious what the general public would do. I bathed them in the pee water. However I did use fresh water from the sink to wash their hair. Funny, probably 9 out of 10 baths probably have pee in them, Gwyn just happened to be standing up this time.

Tomorrow will sort of be my first day of teaching all day by myself. The teacher I'm observing will be getting a sub tomorrow. The sub will be my helper! She gave me the option of coming another day but I decided I needed the practice. Let's do this! I'm introducing a new project so it will be busy. I'm excited and a bit nervous. Keep me in your thoughts!

11 comments:

Starr said...

I figure parts per million on the pee to water ratio...it's perfectly safe. :-) (I always rinse with clean water too, just to feel a little better about it.)

Holly Wall said...

I totally just read an article on one of those baby magazines in which a woman asked if it was okay if her baby drank pee bath water. Basically, the writer said the same thing Starr did: when you consider how much pee is in as large an amount of water as that, it's probably not a big deal. So, see! You can even let them drink the water!! Ha ha!

Let's get together with T for lunch Thursday or Friday so we can hear all about your teaching today! Can't wait! T?

Holly Wall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly Wall said...

Sorry! I accidentally posted that comment twice! Don't know why/how.

Dayna said...

I figure if Bear Grylls drinks his own urine for hydration, a trace amount in the bath water should be perfectly fine.

Anonymous said...

Shelly, Not to worry. Pee is actually sterile. If a mountain man needs to clean his pocket knife - guess what he does. Don't ask how I know this. - Bonnie

Tasha said...

I agree with the above. Do you know how many times Miles pees in the tub, per sitting? We wouldn't get baths taken for the amount of times I had to drain/re-fill the tub (if I did that). He's not come down with any sort of illnesses related to pee ingestion...yet. I'll let you know if anything changes ;)

Thanks for the laugh. And yes, I'd totally be up for lunch on Friday...tomorrow we'll be at the zoo! (If it's nice). So, Friday? Elote? Yum...

T.

Holly Wall said...

I sent this to Tasha, but, do you want to go to the Just Between Friends presale, too? See below.

Friday at Elote sounds awesome! Also, do you still want to go to the JBF pre-sale with me? It's this Saturday! It came up fast, seems like. I have passes that will get us in at noon. If Shelly wants to go, I have one more pass that gets us in at 1, and we can just wait an hour.

The White Family Circus said...

Your good on the bath water. Talked to momma today and think we may come up the week of the 12-14 of March? Wanna go flea market shopping?

The White Family Circus said...

oh and I hope you had a good day today in the classroom! I'm sure you did GREAT!!!!

Lori said...

I fill the bathtub up with water and let the boys play, then I drain the tub and wash/shampoo with clean running water. I don't know why, my mom never did that and I am sure that the four of us drank lots of pee water growing up.