Sunday, February 8

Fits of Giggles

I experienced a new stage of mommy bliss tonight. Sure, baby laughter is heaven, but pure, ridiculously silly, giggles initiated completely by the two of my babies - priceless. No attempts by me to make them laugh, I was only the spectator. It started in the bath when Gwyneth slapped Wilder on the back and thought it was hilarious. It caught him off gaurd but he was quick to slap her back...so followed lots of slapping eachother on the stomach. Then the game that never gets old it seems - hiding under a towel together and playing peekaboo. I finally managed to get them dressed and in bed to read books together for a change (sidenote: Blake was having a wrestling match with the Trooper...by the looks of his face and shirt covered with oil I think the Trooper won. So yes, he was a little tied up and is currently playing video games to release some serious rage, ahem). Storytime consisted of lots of throwing themselves on top eachother, kissing the characters in the books, Gwyneth trying to steel Wilder's pacifier and so on. Tonight was the first time they had really interacted like this at length. Beeeutiful.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I love your new picture! How cute and fun.

Oh, and what fun you guys had...I love your sweet W & G sibling stories. Having been an only child, I am very intrigued about sibling bonds. I'm so glad they are enjoying one another. Are you feeling some relief for having had them so close together, now? Seems to be paying off ;)

Thanks so much for calling and checking in on me, this weekend. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and friendship!

I would like to get together with the kiddies this week, if you're up for it. I just got some non-toxic, food-grade playdough...fun (messy) times! Let me know if you have time.

Talk soon!
T.