Tuesday, February 3

25 Things

Seems like this is going around right now, I've been tagged by a few. Here goes:
1. I LOVE knick knacks. I have to exercise serious self control when I go to flea markets, thrift stores and such. (for you Holly!)
2. I have an addictive personality. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I do get hooked on things easily. (coffee, American Idol, to name a few)
3. I am really impatient. I prefer instant gratification most of the time. Do I have you to thank for this dad?
4. I used to be pretty good at speaking French and was determined at one point to go to French speaking Africa.
5. I think adopting a third child someday sounds interesting. It's fun to entertain the idea, that's all.
6. I am very specific about my pillow. Not to hard, not too soft. Blake doesn't know it but I switch our pillows often because sometimes his seems more appealing.
7. I can't sleep in anything with sleeves, tanktops only, even in the winter.
8. Probably my favorite place on earth would be Dinosaur Point at Grand Lake. A place we visited often growing up.
9. I love to waterski.
10. I always assumed I was more of the city girl type but lately I think someday having a farm would be awesome. Horses, tractors, crops, the whole bit.
11. I ran a marathon once.
12. I am not the best communicator. Wish I was better with words and communicating my feelings.
13. Unfortunately I am a people pleaser.
14. I hate horse drawn carriages, I feel sorry for the horses.
15. On an animal note, I HATE it when people have dogs and neglect them.
16. I don't balance my checkbook. I know, I know
17. I prefer old over new in regards to most things.
18. I love making lists but usually overwhelm myself by making enormous lists of to do items that are way too unrealistic.
19. I had one csection and one completely natural childbirth.
20. I once traveled to the rainforest in Guatemala by canoe then had the opportunity to talk to natives about Jesus. I was scared to death but felt incredible afterwards. Seems like another lifetime now.
21. I am very specific about recycling. I can't throw anything away (although I do make exceptions from time to time) that shouldn't. I melt old candle wax out of glass candles so I can recycle the glass for example.
22. I had my nose pierced once.
23. I think tatoos are great on OTHER people.
24. Some names I liked for Gwyneth were Olive, Ruby, & Ada.
25. Two of my favorite movies are: The Parent Trap (as a kid) and Almost Famous. I love Kate Hudson's character Penny. I love the scene on the airplane when they sing Tiny Dancer. Actually I love any movie about the 60's or 70's.

1 comment:

hwall said...

I'm so glad you did this! I learned so many things about you!

The other day, Isaac was cruising for chicks in the toy section at Target, and we met a nine-month-old girl named Ruby. She was so sweet, and it is a name you so rarely hear. Still, I think Gwyn's name is perfect for her.