Friday, February 20

Potential reasons for stress related grouchiness today: (beware)

1. Last night was about the 5th night in a row I had to listen to my son's relentless cough all off and on all night long. Momma is just not at peace when her babies are sick.
2. Gwyn had a major blowout diaper this morning that required a trip to the bathtub. Her PJ's and diaper are waiting for me when I get home. Awesome!
3. Living paycheck to paycheck is just not fun. (It's just the time of year)
4. I'm suffering from a lack of sun, exercise, good eating habits, and just plain tiredness.
5. Blake has Plantar Fasciitis in his foot which is a painful condition that prevents exercise and is hard to treat. However, he could possibly be on the mend, he got a cortisone shot yesterday that may help. (He's included in #1). I know how much he needs to run and want him to be able to again - soon.
6. Blake and I really need a date night. The routine is getting wearisome.

I need to master that "pray without ceasing" skill even if it's just one sentence prayers. "Lord, help me not to lose it. Lord, change my attitude. Give me patience. Give me hope and trust."

Ok, that's not so bad. I feel better already.

I'm thankful that there is always life and hope available to us if we just choose to embrace it.

5 comments:

jessica said...

Pick an evening and we would be glad to keep your sweet babies while you have an evening out.

Dayna said...

Ditto #4. Sun! Warmth! Tan! I am so pasty white and so - blah - for lack of a better word.

Those one liners are always helpful.

The White Family Circus said...

Hi Sweetie:

Why don't you and Blake come down one weekend and go out with Houston and kristin. Luke and I will watch the kiddos and you guys could come in whenever you want. or we could come up there too. You know i love watching my kiddos. luke is in love with them. Just let us know. Love you.

Gena said...

If I were only a little closer to Tulsa. We could go scout out an Aldi (cheap groceries), and I could bbsit the kids! I know how you feel. Gotta have those days sometimes.

Unknown said...

FYI - There's an Aldi on Memorial, out past 101st.